Faux Locs Lovin'

12:10

Faux Locs Lovin'

As I am sure some of you have already seen on my instagram ( @lightofmindx ) and snapchat ( Chengssss) I recently got Crotchet faux locs and I am loving them. As with most change, this hairstyle came with a new alter ego. I am feeling very sassy to say the least! 

The hair is from Umona Hair ( Instagram @umonahair) and it was installed by hairdresser, Sacha, ( Instagram @hairbysacha_).  The hair was £7.00 a pack, I bought 5 packets, however, this was NOT enough and I would advise people to buy 6 packets minimum. The hair is very delicate and can get caught very easily but other than that it imitates dreadlocks very well. Be warned, they are very heavy, it will give your neck a work out but that's the price you pay to look good, I suppose. The hair is synthetic and 18inches in the colour black. 

For those who may not know what crotchet is, it is a hair styling technique that started all the way back in the 90's. The technique involves braiding the hair extension into your own hair using a latch hook tool. Sacha started by cornrowing my hair, the braid pattern was very simple, with the front part of my hair consisting of several lines running from my hair line to the back of my head, to allow me to switch my parting as I please. Its a very quick and simple technique and a great protective style! 

I have been using the Eyoko ( Instagram @eyokohair ) hair butter to moisturise my scalp, which is so light and hasn't made me feel like I need to wash my hair, whilst preventing my scalp from feeling dry and itchy. It is made from all natural and organic ingredients such as coconut oil, mango seed butter, avocado oil and shea butter. I will be using it on my actual hair as soon as I take these out, which will be next month when I will be on holiday. So stay tuned. 





All I can say is be prepared for a lot more selfies. 

Until next time!

Chengetai Victoria 


xoxo

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *